The Cheesecake Factory Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel Cheesecake recipe combines creamy cheesecake with tart apples, warm caramel sauce and a crunchy streusel topping. This dessert is the perfect choice for those who are torn between choosing the warm apple crisp or classic cheesecake from the menu while dining at one of the many Cheesecake Factory restaurants.
The foundation of this recipe is the Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake recipe, along with sautéed apples, caramel, and of course, lots of crunchy streusel on top. While it may seem as though there are many components to this dessert, it can be made in an afternoon and is best served chilled or the next day.
Note: This recipe is easily adapted to accommodate those people who are allergic to nuts. Simply substitute the walnuts, almonds, and pecans from the crust ingredients and add an extra ¾ cup of graham cracker crumbs to maintain the proper consistency and remove the walnuts from the streusel topping.
To simplify this recipe, use store-bought caramel sauce to top your cheesecake.
Dutch Caramel Apple Streusel Cheesecake
Start to finish: 3 hours
Ingredients and recipe for Cheesecake Here
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large apples – peeled, cored and sliced, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. half and half
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Make the Apple Filling
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan; Add apples.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 6 minutes until apples are almost tender.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water and add it to the saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow Apple Filling to cool before incorporating into cheesecake batter.
Make the Streusel Topping
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add butter and stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in walnuts.
Make the Caramel Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients to a saucepan and heat on low/medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled.
Make the Cheesecake
- Make the cheesecake crust as directed in the recipe, and press into pan.
- Make the cheesecake filling as directed.
- Fill the springform pan ½ way to the top with cheesecake batter.
- Layer the apple filling in the center of the cheesecake batter, and cover with remaining batter.
- Top cheesecake with Streusel Topping and cook the cheesecake according to the Original Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake directions.
- Once completely cooled, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and drizzle with caramel sauce before serving.