Butterbeer! It warms you up AND tastes great. Now in take-away form from The Three Broomsticks. (Many thanks to Melissa for this recipe!)
Make Your Own Butterbeer Recipe At Home & Serve It In Your Own Harry Potter Butterbeer Glasses
Looking for a very specific Harry Potter recipe? One for butterbeer, perhaps…a FREE RECIPE?
Butterbeer has been a huge success for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the whole world is talking about butterbeer.
Imagine my surprise when I discovered that you can actually make your very own, non-alcholic version of butterbeer at home. My sons are going to love experimenting to find the perfect Harry Potter butterbeer recipe. Please join us on our journey to Hogsmeade Village and The Three Broomsticks as we strive to find the perfect butterbeer recipe.
Buy this Here
Harry Potter’s Butterbeer
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 4 12 ounce bottles cream soda
- In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 of the heavy cream. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup for each glass). Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine. Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.