This recipe is a saucy buffalo shrimp great for dinner or appetizers. You may need to add a bit here or there to suit your personal tastes. T Marzetti’s Blue Cheese dressing is a MUST..on the side of course along with lime or lemon wedges. To serve as a delicious appetizers, you could place a toothpick into each shrimp.
If you are hosting a crowd to watch a ball game, you’ll want to double or triple this recipe
- 1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce or 1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- oil, for deep-frying
Combine in a small sauce pan over medium heat until butter is mixed through. Cover, keep warm on low heat.
- 24 uncooked large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup flour
- Combine the egg and milk in a small blow. Place flour in a large gallon-size zip-lock bag.
Coat six of the shrimp with egg mixture, then toss them in the bag of flour and shake well to coat. Leave them in there and repeat the process with the next six shrimp.
- Make sure they are all well coated with flour. Refrigerate about 5 minutes while your deep fryer heats up to 375 degrees.
- Deep fry for 8-10 minutes until shrimp tails are dark brown.
- Remove, drain and toss genly with your prepared buffalo sauce. You can do this by shaking gently in a large tupperware container with a lid.