Enjoy the deep-fried funnel cake awesomeness of the state fair all year round with this DIY recipe.
Prep Time 10 min
Total Time 25 min
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Pour oil about one inch deep into a large saucepan or stockpot. Heat over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 350 to 360 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine Bisquick, milk and eggs in a large bowl; stir until well mixed. Pour batter into squeeze dispenser bottles.
- When oil is fully heated, carefully squeeze batter in a circular motion, close to the oil, until a mini funnel cake forms (don’t make more than 2 cakes at a time). Fry 30 seconds on each side until golden brown, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined baking sheet to drain.
- Repeat with remaining batter, making sure oil temperature stays within 350 to 360 degrees F.
- Sprinkle warm funnel cakes with powdered sugar.