Simply Delicious Strawberry Cake
Prep: 25 min.
Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream,
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced or halved.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat on
medium for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed
until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mash strawberries into
- Pour into two greased and floured 8-in. round baking pans. Bake at
350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- To prepare frosting, beat cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
Place first cake layer on serving tray, top with a layer of whipped cream and strawberries, place second cake layer on top and top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.